At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Our global portfolio includes best-in-class, iconic brand-name products as well as global key brands; generics, including branded and complex generics; and other offerings across a wide range of therapeutic areas. We are committed to helping create healthier communities worldwide through education, outreach and better access to treatment.
For those driven to live their lives with purpose, Viatris helps employees realise their full potential by creating a collaborative culture that fosters courage and resilience. Viatris is more than just a place to work. This is a place to make a difference in the world.
The Role & What You Will Be Doing
At Viatris, essential to creating new quality medicines is expanding our business relationships with Contract Research Organizations and other partners. The successful candidate will play an important role at the forefront of our research by negotiating between scientific, legal, and business interests within Viatris and partners. The successful candidate will facilitate pharmaceutical research and development while maintaining the highest standards of legal and business compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must satisfactorily perform the duties below. The job description outlines the main duties and accountabilities in general terms only and is not intended to be prescriptive.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Contracts and Outsourcing Coordinator role will make an impact:
- Working within the Contracts & Partnerships team, administer the contracting process between Viatris and CROs, Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants in a professional manner.
- Negotiate key elements of contracts by incorporating key information from 3rd party proposals and internal project teams, as required.
- Coordinate activities within the company e-system to ensure that contracts are placed to meet business requirements.
- Foster strong relationships with Viatris legal team.
- Create purchase orders, approve invoices, and record accurate financial information.
- Serve as primary point of contact for internal and external parties, providing contractual advice and support.
- Ensure that all contracting and financial activities are executed in line with Company compliance and quality procedures.
- Maintain contract files and databases.
- Participate in internal or external meetings as required/delegated.
- Communicate progress to his/her immediate supervisor and appropriate colleagues informally and formally.
- Organize tasks allocated by his/her supervisor and plan his/her own work to consistently achieve output of high-quality results in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all applicable policies and procedures, including those relating to EHS, GMP, GCP, Quality and Compliance, consistent with the role and any associated responsibilities, including people management where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the grade of the role.
About Your Skills & Experience
For this role, we’re looking for a candidate who has an effective combination of the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally from time in a pharmaceutical sciences R&D setting.
- An understanding of GMP principles.
- Strong numeric skills.
- Aptitude for working with and basic understanding of key legal contract terms.
- Confident communication skills, and proactive engagement with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage competing demands and work autonomously while managing stakeholder expectations in a calm, polite, and professional manner.
- Be able to collaborate effectively with suppliers and other groups across the Viatris organization to achieve clear goals and outcomes to deliver the Viatris portfolio.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately organize data and documentation using different IT systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (or minimum of A’level or equivalent in Maths, Science & English).
- Requirement to work flexibly across all areas of responsibility.
At Viatris, we are dedicated to building a truly diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t fully align with every requirement, we still encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Benefits at Viatris
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others. Some of our benefits include the following on top of a competitive salary:
- Top Employer Accreditation, demonstrating that we provide excellent people policies and practices
- Focus on career progression with growth and development opportunities
- Emphasis on Health & Wellness programmes
Diversity & Inclusion at Viatris
At Viatris, diversity and inclusion are essential to our mission. The diversity we foster in all aspects of our business can be one of our greatest strengths in redefining healthcare not as it is, but as it should be. If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.viatris.com/en/Careers/Diversity-and-Inclusion
Sustainability at Viatris
Corporate social responsibility is fundamental to the Viatris mission. We work to advance responsible and sustainable operations and leverage our collective expertise to empower people to live healthier at every stage of life, recognizing that our actions affect the stakeholders and communities we serve. To learn more about our efforts, please visit https://www.viatris.com/en/about-us/corporate-responsibility
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more and apply here.