Special Edition: FemTech and Women’s Health
Calling all early-stage companies in FemTech and those specialising in addressing Women’s Health. Applications are now open to join a specially themed cohort of Discovery Spark, the exciting programme designed to enhance your business practise, prepare you for success in investment pitches, and give you a unique opportunity to compete for free lab space at Discovery Park alongside a package of invaluable support.
Register your interest today!
Throughout the duration of the programme, you will connect with like-minded entrepreneurs, share experiences and learn from FemTech and Women’s Health industry experts and mentors, culminating in a presentation to impress a panel of prize partners and specialist investors.
Watch the video for more information.
The Spark FemTech & Women’s Health special programme
Three x 2-day immersive sessions will cover people, teams and brand, presentation and communication, and business metrics and markets, giving you the tools to help lay healthy foundations in your business, improve your personal development, and create a pitch presentation that has impact capable of securing funding.
The special edition cohort will run on the following dates:
- Sessions 1 & 2 – Tues 21st & Wed 22nd May 2024
- Sessions 3 & 4 – Tues 4th & Wed 5th June 2024
- Sessions 5 & 6 – Tues 18th & Wed 19th June 2024
- Prize partner & Investor Pitches – Thurs 4th July 2024.
All sessions will take place at Discovery Park, Kent and overnight accommodation costs will be covered.
1 year rent free lab space at Discovery Park (or office space, should a company not require wet lab facilities)
Free wrap around care and mentoring from Barclays Eagle Labs, including access to their wider network
Free mentoring and guidance from Discovery Park’s Head of Innovation and ex founder
Free support from specialist partners covering: IP and legals, finances and tax, talent and board management, marketing and PR, and web and data management.
Learn from experience
The programme is led by Dr Renos Savva, a successful scientist and entrepreneur with several years’ experience in running a postgraduate level pre-accelerator simulator following his experience co-founding, spinning out and growing a successful biotech, with sessions including expert guest facilitation to compliment the subject area.
Our prize partners
IP & Legal
Brand & Marketing
Talent & Recruitment
To enter you must be a start-up working in FemTech or Women’s Health, have demonstrated proof of concept, have the freedom to operate and have raised less than £500k in investment. Please note, the programme is open to both male and female founders.
Step 1: Register your interest using the form above before midnight on 5th April 2024.
Step 2: You’ll be contacted to arrange a Teams video call with Dr Renos Savva, giving you more information about the programme and your chance to ask questions.
Step 3: If you wish to progress your application, you’ll be asked to complete a short form and to submit your current pitch deck outlining your business proposition.
The Discovery Park team and Dr Renos Savva have been pivotal in providing maximal and significant benefits to our entrepreneurial journey.
Their extensive and tailored business support, encompassing connections with clinical teams and experts in Kent, various financing options, and guidance on resilience in the face of adversity, has been both helpful and instrumental. This comprehensive support has played a crucial role in our growth and development.
Andrew Guo , Founder & Director
The support we’ve received from the Discovery Park team has been truly uplifting and friendly. It provided us with valuable insights into how we’ve progressed since our last pitch.
Renos has been exceptionally understanding and supportive throughout the program, and we appreciate the team’s hard work in guiding us.
Heraldas Gaspariunas , Chief Operations Officer
It felt as though the sessions were designed for us personally as we have changed immeasurably throughout. We have pivoted and changed direction throughout as well. We have come together through the program as a company and as people. I just want to say thank you for believing in us. You have made us believe in ourselves as well!
Stephen Hilton , Founder & CEO
The entire Discover Park team has been extremely helpful and insightful. The way that Renos started off the first session as well as all of his subsequent presentations and facilitations for networking makes him stand head and shoulders above all other accelerators.
Zijing Cao , Chief Technology Officer
Terms and Conditions
- Eligible applicants will be startup founders / entrepreneurs operating in FemTech or Women’s Health which can include; BioTech; AI-bio or data bio (with integral lab or engineering/ making space component); SynBio or EngBio; Diagnostics; Small Molecule / Biologics; MedTech and Advanced Therapies or similar.
- Applicants must have proof of concept, own their IP or have other freedom to operate, e.g., valid licensing rights or contracts.
- Applicants must not have previously had benefits from Discovery Park, such as free/discounted labs, or investment from Discovery Park Ventures.
- Applicants’ qualifying enterprise must have raised less than £500k in equity or related instruments (please inquire if in doubt on this point).
- Applicants must attend all sessions in the programme: where the enterprise consists of more than one person, 2 of the team to attend every session. Overnight accommodation will be provided.
- The winning enterprise must, within 12-months of award of the prize, base all its primary laboratory operations at Discovery Park, Kent.