At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Our global portfolio includes best-in-class, iconic brand-name products as well as global key brands; generics, including branded and complex generics; and other offerings across a wide range of therapeutic areas. We are committed to helping create healthier communities worldwide through education, outreach and better access to treatment.
For those driven to live their lives with purpose, Viatris helps employees realise their full potential by creating a collaborative culture that fosters courage and resilience. Viatris is more than just a place to work. This is a place to make a difference in the world.
The Role & What You Will Be Doing
We have several exciting new Analytical opportunities in our global respiratory R&D group at both Senior Manager and Director level. Play a central part within Viatris in the creation of new respiratory products by providing strategic leadership and technical expertise to support development of our portfolio of new generic and NCE drug products and analytical methods. There are opportunities for candidates with specialised expertise with dosage forms of growing importance within the Viatris respiratory portfolio, including pressurised metered dose inhalers, dry powders for inhalation, and solutions / suspensions for nebulization. Analytical scientists with substantial experience in the development of inhalation products will be ideal to join our science-focused department where we know from our track record of delivery that technical excellence can drive innovation within Viatris.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Analytical Technical Leads – Multiple Opportunities at Senior Manager and Director Level role will make an impact:
- Lead the delivery of scientific activities to take new respiratory products to clinical studies and commercialization.
- As a member or leader of multidisciplinary project teams, support the planning and execution of experiments to generate scientific understanding in development of analytical methods, formulations and/or processes.
- Lead the review and approval of data, interpretation of results and reporting of experimental outcomes to project development teams.
- Lead scientific input to troubleshooting and investigations.
- Lead the delivery of analytical input to investigational and commercial drug product regulatory filings.
- Ensure the smooth transfer of project analytical methodologies to commercial manufacturing facilities.
- Review and approve documentation (e.g. protocols, reports, procedures, specifications) as required.
- For people manager roles, take responsibility for performance management and professional development of staff within the team.
- Lead the improvement of departmental capabilities, e.g. by implementation of new technologies.
About Your Skills & Experience
For this role, we’re looking for a candidate who has an effective combination of the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree (for example Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensics) or equivalent.
- Substantial experience of the application of analytical science to product development, including the development of inhalation products.
- Substantial experience in the management of analytical activities to achieve project deliverables.
- For people manager roles, substantial experience in performance management and personal development of others.
- Substantial experience in authoring GMP documentation and preparing regulatory submissions
- Substantial experience of the challenges involved in the validation and transfer of complex analytical methods to commercial facilities
- Able to lead the interpretation of complex data to solve product development issues.
- Able to proactively identify and address barriers to collaborative working with internal and external partners.
- Able to work autonomously to deliver multiple tasks of high complexity across a portfolio of products, working with internal or external teams to plan work to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner.
- Has a good understanding of cGMP requirements for analytical work in support of clinical studies and product registration.
- Substantial experience of the specific challenges involved in the development, approval and commercialization of inhaled products.
- Occasional business travel as required.
At Viatris, we are dedicated to building a truly diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t fully align with every requirement, we still encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Benefits at Viatris
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others. Some of our benefits include the following on top of a competitive salary:
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
- Bonus scheme
- Health insurance
Diversity & Inclusion at Viatris
At Viatris, diversity and inclusion are essential to our mission. The diversity we foster in all aspects of our business can be one of our greatest strengths in redefining healthcare not as it is, but as it should be. If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.viatris.com/en/Careers/Diversity-and-Inclusion
Sustainability at Viatris
Corporate social responsibility is fundamental to the Viatris mission. We work to advance responsible and sustainable operations and leverage our collective expertise to empower people to live healthier at every stage of life, recognizing that our actions affect the stakeholders and communities we serve. To learn more about our efforts, please visit https://www.viatris.com/en/about-us/corporate-responsibility
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.