Reports to the Finance Director
Key stakeholder: Business Development
Salary: subject to experience
Main Purpose of the role
The Property Management Officer will proactively manage and process property business rates, carry out detailed reconciliations across the various sites, analyse related cost drivers and offer potential improvements to reduce and optimise costs. The role will also involve continuous process improvements to drive efficiency and effective reporting linked to business rates & tenancy schedule and maintaining and updating tenancy register and administrative duties.
- Main point of contact with the Council (or representative of the Council) dealing with Business Rates demands, notices and responding to queries.
- Responsible for dealing with all business rates matters, master data and linking into the detailed tenancy schedule for non-lettable space on a proactive basis
- Maintaining due dates for payment of rates and liaising with Accounts Payable (Purchase Ledger) for payment on time.
- Annually forecasting rate costs across the various sites.
- Developing and maintaining accurate property rates records and documentation. This will include reviewing individual offices/sites and associated rateable values
- To become fully conversant with property business rates, cost drivers and bringing together ways or ideas to reduce or optimise costs
- Preparing and submitting business rate appeals and supporting evidence to the Valuation Office Agency
- Review of current processes and continuous process improvements across property related matters linking into business rates and tenancy schedule
- Maintaining and developing the property schedule and ensuring leases are loaded 100% correctly, and ensuring documentation are filed timely and correctly
- Dealing with other property related tasks, as required by the manager including assisting with process improvements and property system integration.
Person Specification and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- High level of numeracy and spreadsheet analysis skills and ability to identify key areas and to summarise in a report/dashboard
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Highly numerate, with strong attention to detail and well organised (eg project tasks)
- Strong people skills and ability to quickly earn trust and credibility at all levels and particularly with senior leaders.
- A mindset of evaluation of existing processes and continuous process improvements
- Time Management skills
- Min 4 year’s experience dealing with property related matters.
To apply for this role please send your CV, along with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, to email@example.com.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Graham.