TECHNICIAN – IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY
Full Time – Permanent
Discovery Park, Sandwich, Kent, UK
Transpharmation is a fast-paced and expanding contract research organisation led by scientists, evaluating novel therapeutics agents for clients. Recognised by drug developers worldwide for researching and delivering life-changing medicines, science will always remain our passion. Our clients benefit from decades of experience in cross-species and cross-therapeutic area translational biology throughout our preclinical services. We have a determination to discover the best translational end points in animals and encompass the 3R principles of reduction, refinement and replacement in all we do.
We have an opportunity for a motivated and pro-active technician, with expertise in in vivo studies, specifically rodent studies, to join our expanding team based at our new UK facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent.
This lab-based role will be to support in vivo models of Pain, cognition and epilepsy for preclinical research studies for our client biotech or pharma companies.
- Confidently perform in vivo procedures (surgical and non surgical) on rodents
Ability to follow protocols/study plans and carrying out studies within agreed timeline
Be expected to work unsupervised following appropriate training
Make observations and show good record keeping, capture and record data accurately
Be an effective, collaborative hands-on member of the in vivo team, contributing to the overall work of the team as required
Ensuring appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards
Ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety and regulatory requirements are adhered to
Using best judgment to carry out work to the highest standard
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- HNC in Biology or animal technology with significant lab-based experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or relevant experience in an in vivo lab based environment.
- HO licence A & B including rodent (rats & mice) dosing using various routes of administration such as p.o., i.p., s.c, some surgical techniques would an advantage
- Competent in schedule 1 methods and various tissue dissection techniques
- Microsoft Office, Word and Excel competent
- Practical problem-solving and good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently and proactively
- Highly motivated and ability to be flexible in case of changing priorities.
DESIRABLE JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Pain, cognition and epilepsy models.
To apply, click here.