TITLE: Stores Assistant
REPORTS TO: Stores Supervisor
LOCATION: Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9ND
About this position:
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Integrated Discovery & Development Services, part of the Concept Life Sciences Group, is a leading UK-based CRO, providing early phase drug discovery services to the pharmaceutical industry as well as R&D support to the diagnostic, petrochemical and materials industries. As a company, we have a single aim: to accelerate our customers’ discovery initiatives through innovation. By applying our renowned skills for problem-solving and open communications, our scientists pride themselves on seizing the initiative and providing the energy, skill and creativity needed to help fulfil project objectives. Based in two UK locations: Sandwich (Kent) and Chapel-en-le-Frith (Derbyshire), our workforce contains skilled employees across several departments and comprises one of the largest chemistry groups in the UK.
A position has become available for a Stores Assistant to work at our state-of-the-art laboratories at Sandwich. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude. As a Stores Assistant, you will support the work of the science teams by carrying out stores and administration duties, including Goods-In, organising and preparing packages for International shipping and ordering consumables.
This role would suit someone with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision.
The Successful Applicant:
We are seeking a motivated individual, organized and able to work well with the existing team. The ideal candidate will be able to follow instructions to provide a timely service and interact positively with our internal and external customers. Whilst experience within a store environment is advantageous, it is not an essential requirement and all training can be delivered on site.
- Receipt of incoming goods (chemical and consumable), process orders. Deliver consumables, chemicals and solvents around site.
- Compliance with the Company’s health and safety procedures and with the relevant legislation. Maintains housekeeping standards in all areas.
- Monitor stock, stock control of chemicals, adjustment and stock transfer. Report of shortages and place orders for new stock where required.
- Monitor levels/conditions of waste: Collection of waste, record of data and preparation for collection.
- Dispense and deliver solvents to PR&, R&D, GMP departments.
- Provide services in a timely manner and proactively provide updates to internal customers and updates suppliers as appropriate.
- Manage lab coat laundering.
- Keep organised records.
- Communicate effectively via email, as well as face to face.
The role of the Logistic Assistant would be suitable for self-motivated candidates.
- IT literate (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Previous experience in similar environment would be beneficial.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week).
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In our science based roles we offer structured career progression, more details of which can be discussed during the recruitment process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates and local Reward & Recognition schemes.