Job Role: Senior Manager, Analytical Team Leader
Location: Sandwich Office, UK
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are
uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient
Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Senior Manager,
Analytical Team Leader role will make an impact in the Global Respiratory Group at Viatris
where we develop respiratory medicines (e.g., DPIs, MDIs, Nebulised products) for patients
Key responsibilities for this role include
• Lead the delivery of all analytical activities required to take new respiratory products to
clinical studies and commercialization
• Manage the performance and professional development of staff within the team.
• As a member of multidisciplinary project teams developing analytical methods,
formulations and processes, lead the planning and execution of experiments and
provide scientific input to troubleshooting and investigations, to generate scientific
• Prepare analytical sections of investigational and commercial drug product regulatory
• Undertake the preparation, review or approval of protocols, reports, procedures and
• Review and approve data, interpret results and present experimental outcomes to the
project development team.
• Ensure that analytical activities with potential impact on quality of clinical supplies or
product approval are delivered in accordance with cGMP requirements.
• As a member of the ACD leadership team, work with other analytical team leaders to
contribute to strategic business development and manage resources to deliver the
project portfolio on time and within budget.
• Identify strategic opportunities to improve departmental capabilities e.g. by
implementing new technologies.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience are
• Must have minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree (for example Chemistry, Analytical
Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensics) or equivalent.
• Must understand the specific challenges involved in the development and approval of
• Must have experience in performance management and personal development of others.
• Must be able to work autonomously to deliver multiple tasks of high complexity,
planning the work of a team to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a
• Must have broad experience of the application of analytical chemistry to product
development, including practical experience of modern laboratory techniques for drug
product testing and API characterization.
• Must be able to interpret and draw conclusions from complex data to solve product
• Must have a good understanding of cGMP requirements for analytical work in support of
clinical studies and product registration.
• Must have good IT skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have be prepared for occasional business travel/willingness to travel.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can
use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please forward your CV and covering letter to
email@example.com quoting “Senior Manager, Analytical Team Leader” within the subject