Research Assistant – In Vivo Pharmacology
Full Time – Permanent
Discovery Park, Sandwich, Kent
Transpharmation is a fast-paced and expanding contract research organisation led by scientists, evaluating novel therapeutics agents for clients. Recognised by drug developers worldwide for researching and delivering life-changing medicines, science will always remain our passion. Our clients benefit from decades of experience in cross-species and cross-therapeutic area translational biology throughout our preclinical services. We have a determination to discover the best translational end points in animals and encompass the 3R principles of reduction, refinement and replacement in all we do.
We have an opportunity for a motivated and proactive in vivo pharmacology research Assistant with expertise in in-vivo studies, specifically rodent studies, to join our expanding team based at our new UK facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent.
This lab-based role will be to support in vivo models of Pain, cognition and epilepsy for preclinical research studies for our client biotech or pharma companies.
• Planning and hands-on execution of in vivo preclinical studies
• Generating high-quality protocols/study plans and carrying out client study requests within agreed timelines.
• Generating and maintaining clear experimental records
• Good data entry skills and and interpretation of the results, ability to communicate results via informal discussions
• Has a good understanding of the science of the relevant disease models
• Be an effective, collaborative hands-on member of the in vivo team, contributing to the overall work of the team as required
• Ensuring appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards
• Ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety and regulatory requirements are adhered to
• Using best judgment to carry out work to the highest standard
• BSc degree with significant relevant lab-based experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or a similar HNC in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, or a related discipline.
• HO licence 1-4, including rodent dosing, behavioural testing, surgical techniques, tissue dissections
• Ability to manage data entry, and data recording, some experience in analysing data and report writing
• Excellent organisational, problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently and proactively
• Ability to work on multiple studies in multiple areas in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated and ability to be flexible in case of changing priorities.
• Experience with Pain, cognition and epilepsy models.