JUNIOR TECHNICIAN – IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY
Discovery Park, Sandwich, Kent
Transpharmation is a fast-paced and expanding contract research organisation led by scientists, evaluating novel therapeutics agents for clients. Recognised by drug developers worldwide for researching and delivering life-changing medicines, science will always remain our passion. Our clients benefit from decades of experience in cross-species and cross-therapeutic area translational biology throughout our preclinical services. We have a determination to discover the best translational end points in animals and encompass the 3R principles of reduction, refinement and replacement in all we do.
We have an opportunity for a Junior technician, someone motivated to learn and be involved in in in vivo studies, to join our expanding team based at our new UK facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent.
This lab-based role will be to support in vivo models of Pain, cognition and epilepsy for preclinical research studies for our client biotech or pharma companies.
- Handling, weighing and caring for rodents (rats and mice) used inin vivo models of Pain, cognition and epilepsy.
- Willingness to learn and develop licenced procedures on rats and mice.
- Be able to follow clear instructions and protocols.
- Be expected to work unsupervised following appropriate training.
- Make observations and show good record keeping, capture and record data accurately.
- Be an effective, collaborative hands-on member of the in vivo team, contributing to the overall work of the team as required
- Ensuring appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards
- Ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Using best judgment to carry out work to the highest standard
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- GCSE in Maths, English & Biology or HNC in animal technology and any lab-based experience
- Be able to use Microsoft Office, Word and Excel essential
- Practical problem-solving and good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently and proactively
- Highly motivated and ability willing to learn new skills
DESIRABLE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with rats and mice
To apply, click here