Job Title DIGITAL MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Department BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Reporting Relationships CHIEF BUSINESS OFFICER
Main Purposes of the Job
The Digital Marketing Executive’s (DME) key role is to work with the Chief Business Officer to develop and implement a robust marketing plan that supports the delivery of the business’s objectives. The DME is responsible for driving forward and delivering marketing activities across the business and producing and monitoring metrics to measure the success of the business’s marketing strategy and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
• Work with Business Development team to ensure marketing is a key element of customer acquisition
• Provide regular reports on competitor activity and industry analysis
• Manage external supplier relationships (design, digital, video, corporate gifts etc)
• Liaise with external PR team to maximise opportunities for Discovery Park
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the Discovery Park (word press) website, ensuing that content is kept up to date and relevant.
• Create and co-ordinate the publication of content and the amplification through relevant channels
• Implement technical updates to improve SEO performance across search engines, assess problem areas and remediate
• Use Google analytics to measure and report on website performance (monthly report)
• Build and maintain a social media marketing plan
• Oversee the tactical implementation of all social media channels
• Play a key role in enhancing the creativity of our social media content
• Research and introduce new approaches to ensure we are at the forefront of the Life Sciences community
• Co-ordinate the regular reporting of social media activity for future development
• Manage the implementation and monitoring of social media advertising
Branding and Collateral
• Act as a custodian for the Discovery Park brand, ensuring brand consistency in line with brand guidelines and tone of voice
• Protect the visual representation of the Discovery Park Brand – including the use of Discovery Park assets and logos in tenant literature, where appropriate
• Produce digital assets for use across social media channels, internal information screens etc.
• Assist production of any video required for promotion of the Discovery Park site
• Create presentations (managing templates and brand consistency) for the Business Development and Senior Management teams • Design all internal signage, liaising with print
• Provide input to all internal design projects Newsletters and Internal Communications
• Maintain the CRM system, ensuring that all contacts are kept up to date
• In partnership with the BD team, collate, design and distribute a bi-monthly newsletter to be issued to stakeholders, tenants and potential BD opportunities
• Produce regular reports on the success of any email activity
• Manage and report on annual tenant survey
• Contribute to the development of an internal communications strategy
• Assist HR in the production and distribution of a bi-annual staff newsletter
• Support the Events and Conferencing Manager with staging of events
• Produce pre-event marketing • Support the production of event collateral
• Where possible, support the event with social media coverage
• Work with trade associations and members organisations to maximise value of our membership and presence at external events.
• Mange DP’s presence, content and marketing collateral for external events
• Develop additional marketing and communications campaigns and opportunities as they arise. Additional Duties and Responsibilities As required by the Business and/or directed by Management
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
As required by the Business and/or directed by Management
• A degree (or equivalent) in marketing or a related subject.
• Experience of working in a marketing role.
• Ability to manage a busy workload, prioritizing and meeting objectives
• Able to build relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Experience of CMS management, Google Analytics, social media channels, Adobe essentials suite of products including indesign and photoshop.
• Analytical skills – the ability to review and report back on key statistics in relation to digital marketing activity.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Literacy skills – Content and the production of written material is vital in digital marketing. Candidates would be expected to produce clear and concise copy for blogs, advertising material and proposals among others.
• Passion to deliver results and ambition to grow both professionally and personally
• A team player.
• Able to interact and build relationships with people across all levels of the business
• An interest in science and technology.
• Google Analytics Qualifications.
• Google Adwords Qualifications.
• Experience of film editing software.
• Experience of working within a tech/science based business.
How to apply
Send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org