Salary: £10,246.08 per annum
Job Type: Part-Time: Monday-Thursday 13:00 – 17:00, Friday 08:00 – 17:00 (24 hours per week*).
Discovery Park, in Sandwich, Kent is a global leader for science and enterprise with world class laboratory and exceptional office space set within high tech facilities. The site has a track record for drug discovery stretching back to the 1950’s and continues to lead the way in R&D from the search for new antibiotics to pioneering research across the life sciences; from developing new therapeutics and diagnostics to unlocking the full potential of immunotherapy and immuno-oncology.
We are a property provider to the Pharma, Immunology, life sciences and support business sector. Our multi tenanted site, spanning 220 acres, provides both office space, laboratories, warehousing and manufacturing.
With strong links to the Continent and the major London airports, we attract businesses from across the globe. We actively promote opportunities for our tenants to network, make new connections and work collaboratively across a wide range of disciplines. Whether they are start-ups or larger global companies, in a friendly and welcoming environment.
With a new onsite Biomass plant set to open this year, we’ll be using locally sourced wood fuel to generate sustainable heat and power for the whole of Discovery Park. This significantly reduces energy costs, carbon footprint and reliance on imported fuel, ensuring that Discovery Park stays at the forefront of technology now and in the future.
As well as property management we supply facilities support to all the park – buildings, grounds, roads, infrastructure and communication networks. We have a team of specialists capable of creating and adapting almost any of our buildings.
We also supply utilities to all the buildings. Be it power, steam, gas, demineralised water, etc. or take it away, such as the Waste Water Treatment plant.
In addition, we provide valuable services such as security, catering and conferencing.
Supporting the Business is a diverse workforce and it is important that our people are engaged, supported, developed and effectively deployed within the business to deliver the Parks vision and enable effective day to day operations.
Main Purpose of the Job
Discovery Park have a fantastic opportunity for a receptionist versed in providing the highest level of front line and World Class service to join our clients’ passionate team at a prestigious site. The ideal candidate will be able to instantly put clients at ease and emulate the high standards of excellence. The purpose of the role is to exceed expectations and provide exceptional service for each and every client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting, receiving and welcoming of clients
- Providing a superior switchboard service
- To ensure exceptional levels of customer service at all times, paying particular attention to the client’s requirements.
- Taking ownership for security badges and arranging access to the site
- Conduct site inductions for contractors
- To make additional effort in order to interact with clients, ascertaining their personal requirements and ensuring their personal comfort
- To become fully conversant with all front of House related systems and equipment
- Managing the receiving and processing of incoming and outgoing mail, securely and efficiently
- Welcoming the and hosting of conferences and their delegates, making sure their day runs to schedule and all their needs are met
- We are looking for a Reception team member who is an ambassador for excellent customer service
- outstanding communication and excellent customer service skills
- Passionate and motivated, work under pressure as part of a team or unaccompanied
- Impeccable personal presentation
- IT literate with a good general understanding of Microsoft systems
- Clean Full Driving License
- Customer service experience
Note: The Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The job holder may be required to perform other related duties to meet the on-going needs of the Company.
*Additional hours may be rostered to cover annual leave and absence. You will be provided with reasonable notice of any additional hours required and these will be remunerated at flat rate overtime.
Please apply, please e-mail your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 5 April 2019