York Bioanalytical Solutions is the premier, independent UK-based provider of bioanalytical, metabolism and ADME services to the world’s pharmaceutical industry. As such, we have strong ideas about the value of our staff in providing a top quality service to our clients and recognise the importance of providing an environment in which our employees feel valued and can develop to the best of their abilities.
We require the following individual to join our friendly, professional team, performing laboratory-based scientific research in support of drug discovery and development at our facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent. Specific duties will include sample preparation, LC-MS bioanalysis and in vitro experimentation, together with relevant automation techniques. With our in-house expertise in DMPK science, the role offers the opportunity to acquire excellent scientific training of relevance to the pharmaceutical industry and related sectors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A sound understanding of a fundamental scientific discipline relevant to DMPK activities, such as chemistry, biochemistry or pharmacology
- A strong desire to work in a laboratory environment to support the development of novel pharmaceuticals
- Enthusiasm for science and participating in scientific research
- The willingness to learn new scientific skills and to develop their scientific knowledge
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver high-quality data to challenging timelines
- A meticulous approach to record keeping
Candidates will be educated to degree level (or higher) in a relevant scientific subject. Previous industrial experience is not essential, such that the role is ideal for a new or recent graduate. However, candidates with experience in a relevant laboratory-based role will also be considered. The salary associated with this role is dependant on experience and qualifications.
If you would like to work in a friendly and flexible environment and feel you have the right qualities, please send a detailed CV to:
Angus Nedderman, York Bioanalytical Solutions, Discovery Park House, Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9ND
We make a difference to the development of new medicines