York Bioanalytical Solutions is the premier, independent UK-based provider of bioanalytical, metabolism and ADME services to the world’s pharmaceutical industry. As such, we have strong ideas about the value of our staff in providing a top quality scientific service to our clients and recognise the importance of providing an environment in which our employees feel valued and can develop to the best of their abilities.
Following significant expansion of our Metabolism and Discovery Services section, we require an in vitro ADME scientist to join our friendly, professional team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the delivery of in vitro ADME studies in support of human or animal health drug discovery and development projects, at our facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent. With our in-house expertise in ADME science, the role offers the opportunity to acquire excellent scientific training of relevance to the pharmaceutical industry and related sectors.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Good understanding of and passion for ADME science of relevance to drug discovery and development projects, such as metabolism, enzymology, drug transporters, drug disposition and clearance
- Experience of performing laboratory tasks such as in vitro incubations, cell culture and aseptic techniques, sample extraction and qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Working knowledge of bioanalytical tools and technologies including HPLC, mass spectrometry and automation
- Ability to design in vitro experiments and troubleshoot scientific issues
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver high-quality data to challenging timelines
- Flexibility to undertake multiple, potentially complex studies in parallel
- Aptitude for scientific publications, presentations and customer interactions
- A meticulous approach to record keeping and report preparation
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree or higher degree level in a relevant scientific subject. At least 2 years’ experience working in an in vitro ADME role is desirable, although candidates with experience in a relevant laboratory-based role may be considered. The grading of this role is flexible dependant on experience and relevant qualifications.
If you would like to work in a friendly and flexible environment and feel you have the right qualities, please send a detailed CV to:
Angus Nedderman, York Bioanalytical Solutions, Discovery Park House, Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9ND, UK