We are currently looking to appoint to the role of Energy Analyst. This is an exciting and diverse role which will report to Rachael Osborne, Energy Manager, and support the Operations Team. The successful applicant will be responsible for collecting sitewide energy data, conducting detailed analysis to identify trends and exceptions, investigate detected exceptions and collate energy specific reports. Using the collected data the post holder will work on energy reduction, consumption analysis and utilities billing projects. In this regards strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV to Rachael who will be happy to discuss the role in more detail.
The role is full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary circa £22.5K
Discovery Park, in Sandwich, Kent is a global leader for science and enterprise with world class laboratory and exceptional office space. We are a property provider to the Pharma, Immunology, life sciences and support business sector. Our multi tenanted site provides both office space, laboratories, warehousing and manufacturing.
We also supply facilities support to all the park – buildings, grounds, roads, infrastructure and communication networks. We also have a team of specialists capable of creating and adapting almost any of our buildings.
We also supply utilities to all the buildings. Be it power, steam, gas, demineralised water, etc. or take it away, such as the Waste Water Treatment plant.
In addition, we provide valuable services such as catering and conferencing.
Discovery Park Management Limited has developed a number of core values that will guide what we do, how we engage with our customers, stakeholders and each other, and will underpin the business we wish to be. We want everyone to share our vision and to engage with our delivery plans.
Responsibility for delivering our plans and day to day operations is a diverse workforce. It is important that our people are engaged, supported, developed and effectively & safely deployed within the business to deliver the Parks vision.
Our core values will support a culture focused on quality and continuous improvement. We are committed to Inspirational Leadership and being People Focused, through whom we will deliver Operational Excellence and create a Community Spirit that will shape our future and will expand Discovery Park as a global centre for life sciences and technology.
Main Purposes of the Job
To support the Energy Manager and Operations Team, collecting sitewide energy data, conducting detailed analysis to identify trends and exceptions, investigate detected exceptions and collate energy specific reports based on the data received and use collected data, including meter readings, to work on energy reduction, consumption analysis and utilities billing projects.
To review utility billing and consumption data to identify trends. Assist in the production of monthly performance reports based on analysis and meter data. Identify areas for energy reduction and investigate possibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with collecting energy data, conducting detailed analysis and collating energy specific reports, based on the data received as the business requires.
- Analyse energy consumption histories on a regular basis to identify trends and detect exceptions.
- Diagnose and investigate detected exceptions.
- Communicate findings within team.
- Assist with the monthly review of utility billing and consumption data to identify trends and possibilities for energy reduction.
- Produce monthly performance reports based on analysis and meter data.
- Support the development and implementation of energy efficiency projects.
- Track performance and savings associated with energy efficiency projects.
- Assist with relevant energy compliance.
- Work with our finance team to enable accurate tenant billing, including assisting in the collation of utility invoices, checking invoices are accurate according to the data recorded and costs are in line with agreed contract prices to ensure that costs are correct, and invoices can be sent for payment in a timely manner.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
As required by the Business and/or directed by Management
- Proficient in use of IT – intermediate level in Microsoft Excel required
- Technically literate
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience of working with large databases
- Experience of reporting on data
- Familiarity with energy data and units of measurement
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to interact and build relationships with people across all levels of the business
- Be motivated and able to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to strict monthly deadlines
- Ability to develop reports and present these in a a professional and business-like manner.
- Membership of the EMA or similar, or a willingness to undertake studies
- Experience of interpreting communication and legislative requirements and working with environmental and energy regulations