We are excited to invite applications to join our team in the role of EHS Manager.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for advising and supporting the CEO, Heads of Service and Managers on all Environmental, Health and Safety matters to ensure the company complies with its statutory and regulatory obligations.
You will develop and implement systems and procedures to support Discovery Park Management Ltd.’s (DPML) operations and ensure these are always performed in such a manner as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all employees and others that may be affected by the parks operations/activity.
You will be responsible for reviewing, developing, and improving DPML’s EHS management system, ensuring risks are identified, assessed, and managed with appropriate control measures to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
You will ensure that all employees, contractors, and workers are made aware of their individual responsibilities.
The role will require you to work with all Discovery Park Staff and Tenants to actively promote a EHS culture across the site.
Your skills and qualifications:
- A hands-on approach to the management of EHS
- Excellent knowledge of the UK regulatory requirements for EHS
- Experience of writing effective EHS policies and procedures
- Experience of presenting and delivering training to a diverse workforce.
- Experience of accident investigations, root cause analysis, inspections, and audits.
- Ability to analyse problems, recognising solutions, and think outside the box.
- Experience of working with staff at all levels across an organisation to develop practical and workable solutions.
- Ability to analyse data and produce concise written reports.
- Experience of driving continuous improvement.
- EHS auditing, ideally with experience of leading management system audits and developing audit programmes
- Knowledge of the requirements of formal EHS management standards including ISO 9001 and 14001
- Ability to listen, consult and proactively communicate with all stakeholders and build both trust and positive working relationships. Experience of sharing expertise and knowledge with others
- Experience of establishing good effective relationships with customers and staff and of building effective networks.
- Ability to make a strong personal impression and gain commitment from others.
- Formal EHS qualification (minimum NEBOSH certificate or IOSH qualification or equivalent)
- Able to demonstrate self-awareness and sound judgment.
- Experience of operating under pressure, demonstrating focus, prioritisation, resilience, a calm demeanour, and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express opinions, information, and key points clearly.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethics.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to DPML’s core values.
- Ability to use MS Office and be familiar with IT applications.
- Experience of Managing EHS within a facilities management, chemical or pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in process safety.
Salary circa £40k to £44k per annum (dependent on experience).
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of HR, Performance & Improvement)
About Discovery Park
A science park and facilities management provider, Discovery Park is focused on becoming a world class, world leading science park, growing and attracting innovative life sciences tenants.
Our exciting plans include a new company Incubator facility, development of a Manufacturing Village and working with tenants and partners to bring new activities to site.
Discovery Park has grown to be a thriving part of the South East’s life science community over the past seven years as a multi-business science campus. The site offers high quality laboratory, office and manufacturing facilities, the space and support to expand, access to local finance, and a strong local scientific talent pool. It was named recently one of six prestigious UK Life Sciences Opportunity Zones by the UK Government.
The growing tenant community includes Pfizer, which built the site’s reputation as a centre for drug discovery and discovered some of the most famous drugs in the world here. Discovery Park is home to 160+ companies employing 3,500 employees in total.
Discovery Park Management Ltd (DPML) supplies facilities support to the park – buildings, grounds, roads, infrastructure, and communication networks. We also supply utilities to all the buildings and valuable services such as security, front of house, cleaning, catering and conferencing.
A focus on operational excellence has resulted in significant improvements in the delivery of reliable, resilient, and efficient facilities services.
There has been continuous investment in upgrading and improving our site infrastructure and plant to provide resilience. Our energy reduction programme has delivered considerable efficiency savings across the site.
Moving forward the focus will be on optimising our operations, continued efficiency and focus on growth to ensure our ambitions are realised.
Our core values will support a culture focused on quality and continuous improvement. We are committed to Inspirational Leadership and being People Focused, through whom we will deliver Operational Excellence and create a Community Spirit that will shape our future and support the delivery of our Vision