Dig Worldwide requires a full time Project Manager focused on competitive intelligence led initiatives within the Pharmaceutical and Biopharma sector. Your main responsibility will be to manage client projects, ensuring delivery of the project in line with client expectations.
You will need to successfully coordinate the internal research team to deliver projects against the plan and within budget, including report generation, leading project calls/updates with the client, monitoring actual progress against forecasted progress and raising any risks / red flags as appropriate.
Whilst taking your own initiative is an imperative, you will be mentored and guided by the owners of the business; who between them have more than 35 years of Pharmaceutical and Biopharma competitive intelligence experience.
Who is Dig Worldwide?
Dig Worldwide is a specialist consultancy, providing back-to-basics primary competitive intelligence in a legal and ethical manner. We are based in Innovation House, Discovery Park, Sandwich and as our name suggests, we work globally. Everything that we do is based on asking the right questions of both our clients and our sources. This ensures effort is focused on what matters rather than peripheral activity; providing our clients with robust and validated intelligence insights. Most of our work is focused on the healthcare sector with projects covering a broad range of therapy areas and topics.
The owners of the business are looking for an ambitious biological/natural scientist who has ideally completed a PhD and wanting to expand their career horizons into the world of business. Alternatively we would consider an experienced (>5 years) pharma /biotech professional who may not have a PhD however understands drug development and commercial issues faced by pharma companies. Life is never dull at Dig Worldwide, with each project different from the next and plenty of opportunity to think and act creatively. We are a small business and being able to take initiative, think independently and learn quickly will allow you to thrive working for us.
Our ideal candidate will learn from the owners the art of competitive intelligence and as time goes by, become an integral part of the business. If working-for-yourself is an aspiration then talking to us is a significant first-step toward that goal.
Day to day activities:
- Supports the development of project proposals as required
- Manage project workstreams including the management of sub-contractors (intially with the guidence of the owners of Dig Worldwide)
- Developing reports from the intelligence collected via the research team
- Reports need to contain analysed competitor insights that include, but are not limited to, answering the Key Intelligence Questions, competitor roles within industry/market trends, competitor regulatory and clinical strategies, competitor payer and market access strategies, pipeline asset review, competitor tactics at a local level, potential positioning and competitive threat assessments
- Conducting limited competitive intelligence research as required
- Congress Attendance: conducting primary research to gather information for specific projects on an as needed basis
- The ability to travel ~20% of the time to visit clients, attend a medical conference or competitive intelligence networking event
- Working hours will typically be between 09.00 – 17:00 GMT however as many of our clients are based in the USA, occassionally there is a need to participate in a teleconference later in the day. We have a small office at Discovery Park and you can choose to work there or remotely from a home office or a mixture of both. As long as the work gets done the choice is yours.
- Creative, robust thinking and analysis skills – ability to conceptualise complex data into digestible and meaningful insights for clients
- Subject matter expertise or the ability to quickly learn and immerse yourself into a new therapy area based on your academic capabilites
- A natural communicator both verabally and in writing
- General knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and how medicines are developed
- Must be able to demonstrate mastery of secondary data and ability to use these data in addressing a specific business need /question
- Ability to use problem-solving logic to complete assigned tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality outputs under time-pressured deadlines
- Flexible and hard-working team player
- Responsive to client need
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (to include Excel and PowerPoint)
- A BSc is essential in the biological /medical sciences. MSc or PhD is preferred
- 2+ years of work experience; ideally with 1+ years in an analytical / consulting or Pharmaceutical role
- Requiste visa’s to live and work in the UK
- High standard of spoken and written English
Salary is negotiable and is dependent on experience. If you are biological sciences graduate and interested in learning more, please send your application to Tony Nagle via email@example.com or feel free to call +44 7747 637 150