York Bioanalytical Solutions is the premier, independent UK-based provider of bioanalytical, metabolism and ADME services to the world’s pharmaceutical industry. As such, we have strong ideas about the value of our staff in providing a top quality scientific service to our clients and recognise the importance of providing an environment in which our employees feel valued and can develop to the best of their abilities.
Following significant expansion of our Metabolism and Discovery Services section, we require a bioanalytical scientist to join our friendly, professional team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the delivery of bioanalytical studies in support of human or animal health drug discovery and development, at our facility at Discovery Park in Sandwich, Kent. With our in-house expertise in bioanalytical science, the role offers the opportunity to acquire excellent scientific training of relevance to the pharmaceutical industry and related sectors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good understanding of and passion for bioanalytical science and the application of bioanalytical approaches to drug discovery and development projects
- Experience of performing biological sample preparation techniques and using analytical tools relevant to bioanalytical studies, notably HPLC/UPLC and triple quadrupole mass spectrometers
- Good knowledge of chemistry and physicochemistry and their impact on bioanalytical method development
- Ability to design bioanalytical experiments and troubleshoot analytical issues
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver high-quality data to challenging timelines
- Flexibility to undertake multiple, potentially complex studies in parallel
- Aptitude for scientific publications, presentations and customer interactions
- A meticulous approach to record keeping and report preparation
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree or higher degree level in a relevant scientific subject. At least 2 years’ experience of work in a bioanalytical role is essential. The grading of the role is flexible dependent on experience and relevant qualifications.
If you would like to work in a friendly and flexible environment and feel you have the right qualities, please send a detailed CV to:
Angus Nedderman, York Bioanalytical Solutions, Discovery Park House, Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9ND, UK