Discovery Park is a 220 acre science park based in south east Kent, just 1hr 18mins from central London and a prime location for Central Europe and beyond.
With over 7 years in our ownership, the Park started with 5 tenants and through our strategic location and world class facilities we have attracted over 160 new businesses, from life science and bio-technology companies to an educational hub and ancillary support organisations for these sectors.
Our vision is that in the next 5 to 10 years Discovery Park will become a world class and world leading science park with a strong associated ecosystem.
There will be a vibrant and growing tenant portfolio, focused around an increasing proportion of life sciences, IT, engineering and technology companies – the convergence of these technologies is expected to drive healthcare innovation in areas such as manufacturing and AI.
We are also committed to education, training and talent development. Working in partnership the Park has held many events to engage children in science, technology, engineering and maths at an early age. In a few years’ time, we want to see more young people within Kent choosing science as their career and even better, returning to the park to pursue it.
Discovery Park is investing in infrastructure and buildings across the park to ensure that we remain a robust and efficient place to do business.
To help us to continue to drive towards operational excellence we are recruiting engineers to join our building engineering and utilities team and help build a bright future for Discovery Park.
From working on big projects, installing new equipment, problem solving, planned maintenance and carrying out inspections and repairs, your role will certainly be varied but this makes it both interesting and challenging and will leave you with a sense of achievement.
Our Building Engineering Team are responsible for the performance, monitoring and improvement of our buildings which includes science and multi tenanted buildings. The team are responsible for ensuring our plant, equipment and systems are resilient and maintained.
We are currently recruiting for a BEMS Technical Lead.
BEMS Technical Lead (Negotiable, plus £250 per month responsibility allowance) 40 hours per week (M-F), Participation in a call out rota will be required and remunerated.
As a BEMS Technical Lead you will support the Engineering Manager and manage the BMS/Instrumentation Engineering Team, Accountable for ensuring that planned maintenance and reactive works are scheduled and completed in accordance with document control.
You will undertake management and technical analysis of all BMS HVAC systems onsite, providing accurate fault diagnosis working with the BMS team to develop accurate remedial response to failures.
You will interrogate and provide analytics of system operation and determine operational status. You will support the day to day functions of all team members providing additional technical review on active jobs.
As a BEMS Technical Lead you will:
- Define weekly schedule and prioritise works in accordance with planning meeting. Accurately relay current operation of all HVAC plant and be aware of cross trade faults and systems which may need to be monitored and actioned.
- Ensure maximum availability of plant and user equipment through efficient planned maintenance and prompt response to faults. Provide technical analysis on HVAC systems determining operational effectiveness.
- Ensure that all work orders are completed and issued and closed down in full compliance with the work order system. Accurately capture working teams times and fully record works completed with additional requirement to procure parts and ensure orders are successful and prompt.
- Cross trade organisation when applicable to support departmental functions when input required for technical specifications.
- Ensure oversite on suitability of test and measurement equipment and updating as necessary. Review of current calibration schedule processes and initiate input into the planned maintenance schedule.
- Carry out specific BMS fault diagnoses supporting the Engineering Manager in accurately creating technical reports of a structured nature to be passed on to internal departments and client specific requests.
- Ensuring the monitoring and alarm interrogation of the BMS team is effectively carried out and any potential failures are captured and remediated as part of the reports.
- Identify new works and carry out small projects to ensure for continual improvement and operation of BMS HVAC system, design and gain quotations in accordance with the Engineering Manager.
- Provide technical support for projects and assistance with commissioning and hand over works for plant and user equipment, in accordance with management direction.
We are looking for applicants with a HND or equivalent in Instrument or Electrical/Electronic Engineering who can demonstrate:
- a strong knowledge of controls systems and instrument specific technical knowledge.
- technical literacy.
- strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- an ability to problem solve.
- experience of working with databases.
- validation and sign off awareness in accordance with company SOP’s.
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to interact and build relationships with people across all levels of the business.
- they are motivated and able to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision.
- good Organisational Skills and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- 5 Years’ experience working within a the BMS industry.
Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com (Engineering Manager)