Discovery Park is a 220 acre science park based in south east Kent, just 1hr 18mins from central London and a prime location for Central Europe and beyond.
With over 7 years in our ownership, the Park started with 5 tenants and through our strategic location and world class facilities we have attracted over 160 new businesses, from life science and bio-technology companies to an educational hub and ancillary support organisations for these sectors.
Our vision is that in the next 5 to 10 years Discovery Park will become a world class and world leading science park with a strong associated ecosystem.
There will be a vibrant and growing tenant portfolio, focused around an increasing proportion of life sciences, IT, engineering and technology companies – the convergence of these technologies is expected to drive healthcare innovation in areas such as manufacturing and AI.
We are also committed to education, training and talent development. Working in partnership the Park has held many events to engage children in science, technology, engineering and maths at an early age. In a few years’ time, we want to see more young people within Kent choosing science as their career and even better, returning to the park to pursue it.
Discovery Park is investing in infrastructure and buildings across the park to ensure that we remain a robust and efficient place to do business.
To help us to continue to drive towards operational excellence we are recruiting engineers to join our building engineering and utilities team and help build a bright future for Discovery Park.
From working on big projects, installing new equipment, problem solving, planned maintenance and carrying out inspections and repairs, your role will certainly be varied but this makes it both interesting and challenging and will leave you with a sense of achievement.
Our Building Engineering Team are responsible for the performance, monitoring and improvement of our buildings which includes science and multi tenanted buildings. The team are responsible for ensuring our plant, equipment and systems are resilient and maintained.
We are currently recruiting for an Instrumentation & Calibration Technician.
Instrumentation and Calibration Technician (Salary circa £33k) 40 hours per week (M-F), Participation in a call out rota will be required and remunerated along with any necessary overtime.
As an Instrumentation and Calibrations Technical you will support the BMS Technical Lead and Engineering Team, accountable for ensuring that regulatory activities are carried out, in compliance with defined calibration schedule and Site SOPs, Processes, local SOPs and any adopted procedures.
You will undertake maintenance of plant and utilities to ensure appropriate and correct operation, to efficiently and reliably operate within specification while ensuring that records are maintained.
You will support of reactive and planned maintenance activities within the BMS HVAC system on an instrument level, being able to accurately diagnose localised faults and understand the impact on operations as a result.
As an Instrumentation and Calibration Technician you will:
- Provide a comprehensive Control and Instrumentation service, to the client facility, in accordance with approved SOPs.
- Ensure maximum availability of plant and user equipment through efficient planned maintenance and prompt response to faults. In accordance with creating and following calibration planned maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that all work orders are completed and issued and closed down in full compliance with the work order system.
- Undertake first line diagnostics and planning of the required remedial work. Raising and highlighting any potential instrument failure to the BMS Technical Lead.
- Ensure suitability of test and measurement equipment and updating as necessary. Relaying all relevant information to document control.
- Carry out specific BMS faults and remedial works, when instructed to do so by the BMS technical Lead.
- Monitor, interrogate, and maintain the BEMS, when instructed to do so by the BMS Technical Lead.
- Initiate assets/PMs for new equipment when required to do so in accordance with document control.
- Identify new works and carry out small projects to ensure for continual improvement and operation of BMS HVAC system.
- Provide technical support for projects and assistance with commissioning and hand over works for plant and user equipment, in accordance with management direction.
We are looking for candidates with an ONC or equivalent in Instrument or Electrical/ Electronic Engineering and who can demonstrate:
- technical literacy
- strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- an ability to problem solve
- experience of working with databases
- validation and sign off awareness in accordance with company SOP’s
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to interact and build relationships with people across all levels of the business
- they are motivated and able to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision.
- good Organisational Skills and ability to work to strict deadlines
- 5 Years’ experience working within a regulatory space.
Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com (Engineering Manager)