At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Our global portfolio includes best-in-class, iconic brand-name products as well as global key brands; generics, including branded and complex generics; and other offerings across a wide range of therapeutic areas. We are committed to helping create healthier communities worldwide through education, outreach and better access to treatment.
For those driven to live their lives with purpose, Viatris helps employees realise their full potential by creating a collaborative culture that fosters courage and resilience. Viatris is more than just a place to work. This is a place to make a difference in the world.
The Role & What You Will Be Doing
The Analytical Technical Services Support Lead for Respiratory Science and Operations will be providing specialist R&D support to manufacturing, release and stability activities and initiatives in collaboration with external/internal manufacturing sites globally.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Analytical Technical Services Support Lead role will make an impact:
- Review, monitor and report commercial manufacturing, release and stability activities in collaboration with our internal and external partners.
- Lead complex investigations into product performance and analytical method issues through to resolution.
- Provide Analytical support to cross-functional departments to ensure milestones are met (including but not limited to execution of technical transfer, qualification activities, document creation, document review, performing investigations etc).
- Identify potential problems and coordinate resolution to issues prior to them having an adverse effect on the established business.
- Maintain appropriate communications within the organization, ensuring employees are informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Provide guidance on manufacturing/compliance improvement as needed to assure sites are always prepared for Regulatory Agency inspections.
- Adherence to all applicable policies and procedures, including those relating to EHS, GMP, GCP, Quality and Compliance, consistent with the role and any associated responsibilities, including people management where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the grade of the role
About Your Skills & Experience
For this role, we’re looking for a candidate who has an effective combination of the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and demonstrable experience in a cGMP environment is required. Substantial experience of analytical techniques (including chromatographic techniques) used in API and drug product release/stability is required. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and reasoning abilities. Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to get along with diverse personalities. Must be tactful and mature. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive yet is able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities. Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Able to work autonomously to deliver multiple tasks of high complexity across a portfolio of products, working with internal/external colleagues to plan work across multiple teams to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner.
- Able to lead interpretation of complex data to solve analytical and manufacturing issues.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills that encompass analytical, strategic, critical and systems thinking skills. Strong communicator with the ability to influence others and solve problems through independent judgment and analysis. Must demonstrate innovation, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Must be proficient in Office 365 Applications such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to read and interpret comprehensive and intricate research documents. Ability to write scientific reports and technical correspondence. Ability to work with executives and communicate abstract concepts. Ability to present to a high level of the organization and groups outside of the organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
At Viatris, we are dedicated to building a truly diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t fully align with every requirement, we still encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Diversity & Inclusion at Viatris
At Viatris, diversity and inclusion are essential to our mission. The diversity we foster in all aspects of our business can be one of our greatest strengths in redefining healthcare not as it is, but as it should be. If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.viatris.com/en/Careers/Diversity-and-Inclusion
Sustainability at Viatris
Corporate social responsibility is fundamental to the Viatris mission. We work to advance responsible and sustainable operations and leverage our collective expertise to empower people to live healthier at every stage of life, recognizing that our actions affect the stakeholders and communities we serve. To learn more about our efforts, please visit https://www.viatris.com/en/about-us/corporate-responsibility
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.