Due to the continued expansion of BSPG Laboratories Ltd. we are now recruiting for a Q.C. Lead to join our growing team.
You will be joining a team of motivated and self-driven individuals with a passion for ensuring the success of exciting projects.
You will be recruited as a full-time and permanent member of the team and will report to the Quality Manager.
Overall purpose of role
Responsible for developing an analytical laboratory with full analytical testing capabilities. Accountable for all testing and implementation of GMP compliance to all analytical activities.
- Possess a minimum of a BSc with at least 4 years’ relevant experience working within the pharmaceutical industry and ideally within an analytical testing environment working in accordance with GMP
- Management experience; good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent development, validation and implementation of analytical methods in accordance with ICH and Ph Eur requirements as required.
- Competent to troubleshoot analytical equipment and methodologies and associated analytical software e.g. OpenLab, empower II, masshunter etc.
Key responsibilities of this role (this list is not exhaustive)
- Routine planning and co-ordination of analytical testing and supporting activities
- Supervision of QC laboratory staff
- Verification and approval of testing data Co-ordination of analytical testing carried out by 3rd parties
- Writing, revision and approval of key quality documentation
- Developing methods, validation protocols, validation reports, SOP’s, technical reports and product specifications as required
- Co-ordination of laboratory investigations including OOS and OOT
- Regular communication to senior management on project activities and current status
- Identification and evaluation of new analytical techniques to support production and customer requirements
- Co-ordination of maintenance and improvements to the analytical laboratory and equipment
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Determination of chemical profiles (both organic and elemental) of natural products to enable understanding of composition and impurities
- Provide technical support to the production and research group
- Good working knowledge of analytical equipment including HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, as well as general chemical and physical testing requirements
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write / communicate concisely in plain English
- Ability to apply a pragmatic approach to work
- Critical thinker with strong communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- Computer literate
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to meet commitments
- Respect for confidentiality
- Attention to detail
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with the email title ‘Q.C. Lead’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org.