Salary £14,250.60 per annum
Monday to Friday, 8am to 3pm (35-hour week)
Discovery Park, in Sandwich, Kent is a national asset and one of the best equipped life science facilities in Europe.
The site has a track record for drug discovery stretching back to the 1950’s and continues to lead the way in R&D from the search for new antibiotics to pioneering research across the life sciences.
We are a property provider to the Pharma, Immunology, life sciences and support business sector. Our multi tenanted site, spanning 220 acres, provides both office space, laboratories, warehousing and manufacturing.
With plans to reconfigure and refurbish space to meet the needs of businesses relocating to us and for residential and commercial development we will continue to build on the sites legacy as a global hub for science and innovation.
We also provide operational support to the Parks buildings, grounds, roads and infrastructure. We also supply utilities to all the buildings. Be it power, steam, gas, demineralised water or take it away.
Discovery Park Management Limited has developed a number of core values that will guide what we do, how we engage with our customers, stakeholders and each other, and will underpin the business we wish to be. We want everyone to share our vision and to engage with our delivery plans.
Responsibility for delivering our plans and day to day operations is a diverse workforce. It is important that our people are engaged, supported, developed and effectively & safely deployed within the business to deliver the Parks Vision.
Our core values will support a culture focused on quality and continuous improvement. We are committed to Inspirational Leadership and being People Focused, through whom we will deliver Operational Excellence and create a Community Spirit that will shape our future and will expand Discovery Park as a global centre for life sciences and technology.
We are excited to invite applications to join our team in the role of Kitchen Porter – Pot Wash.
Main purpose of the role:
With a passion for food and service you will be involved in a wide variety of tasks to ensure the day to day running of our catering operation is smooth and that customers are provided with the highest standard of service always.
You will be responsible for washing up and cleaning of all kitchen pots, pans, utensils, serving dishes and all associated equipment and food preparation areas. You will comply with health & hygiene procedures and maintaining high standards of customer service and care.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest and understanding of delivery a high-quality service and working as both a team and independently when required
• Ensuring that all items for pot-wash are washed, cleaned, grease free, dry and replaced in the appropriate storage area
• High standards of hygiene and health & safety compliance
• Maintaining the cleanliness for the pot-wash, kitchen and preparations areas
• Cleaning of associated equipment and food preparation areas ie walls, floors, worktops, fixture and fittings
• Reporting of faulty equipment and ceasing to use faulty equipment
• Removal of waste throughout the working day to the designated waste areas
• Assisting when required with cleaning and washing up at hospitality functions
• Ensuring a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene
• Reporting potential hygiene issues to the Catering Manager
• Working effectively as part of the catering team to promote a positive and collaborative atmosphere
• Carrying out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Head Chef and Catering Manager
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• You will have a proven experience in customer facing roles
• Flexibility to work outside or normal hours to assist hospitality for functions and events
To apply for this role please submit your CV and covering statement to Liz Wickenden, HR Assistant at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by 12 noon Friday 12th October 2018.