Discovery Park, in Sandwich, Kent is a national asset and one of the best equipped life science facilities in Europe.
The site has a track record for drug discovery stretching back to the 1950’s and continues to lead the way in R&D from the search for new antibiotics to pioneering research across the life sciences.
We are a property provider to the Pharma, Immunology, life sciences and support business sector. Our multi tenanted site, spanning 220 acres, provides both office space, laboratories, warehousing and manufacturing.
With plans to reconfigure and refurbish space to meet the needs of businesses relocating to us and for residential and commercial development we will continue to build on the sites legacy as a global hub for science and innovation.
We also provide operational support to the Parks buildings, grounds, roads and infrastructure. We also supply utilities to all the buildings. Be it power, steam, gas, demineralised water or take it away.
Supporting the Business is a diverse workforce and it is important that our people are engaged, supported, developed and effectively & safely deployed within the business to deliver the Parks vision and enable effective day to day operations.
We are excited to invite applications to join our team in the role of EHS Manager to maintain and enhance our EHS management system, protect the health and safety of our employees and the environment, ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and requirements and drive continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a strong communicator with the ability to build both trust and positive working relationships and:
- hold a formal EHS qualification (minimum NEBOSH certificate or equivalent)
- have excellent knowledge of the UK regulatory requirements for EHS
- experience in writing effective EHS policies and procedures
- experience of Investigation and root cause analysis
- experience of driving continuous improvement
- EHS auditing, ideally with experience of leading management system audits and developing audit programmes
- knowledge of the requirements of formal EHS management standards including ISO 9001 and 14001
- experience of managing EHS in a facilities management or industrial environment
Minimum of five yearsTo apply for this role please submit your CV and covering statement to Sarah Carroll, Head of HR & Development firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by 12 noon Friday 20th July 2018.