Come Join Us
Position: Analytical Laboratory Technician (Part Time)
Location: Sandwich, Kent, UK
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, Wednesday – Friday
Contract: Contract position (six months)
Company: Mylan Global Respiratory Group
For Us, It’s a Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role.
- Laboratory representative for the group
- Ordering and stock control of solvents, chemicals and consumables
- Ensures all required glassware and equipment is clean and readily available for use
- Performs weekly laboratory safety checks
- Oversees deliveries and dispatches
- Oversees the disposal of laboratory generated high security waste
- Assists in the maintenance of systems and apparatus in accordance with safe and effective working practices
- Maintains a record of laboratory equipment and associated calibration requirements
- Support laboratory administrative tasks as required
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in healthcare.
Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Previous experience working in a laboratory based environment
- Able to work with limited supervision, to deliver individual tasks
- Able to organise tasks allocated by supervisor and plan own work to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Good understanding of laboratory safety and best practice
- Enthusiasm to work in a laboratory based role
- Good written and oral communication
- Experience working in a GLP/GMP environment
- GCSE (or equivalent) pass in English, Mathematics and Science
If you want to be a part of a global healthcare company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you.
With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in healthcare.
Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your application, please submit your CV/Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – stating ‘Analytical Laboratory Technician’ in the subject line.