- Reporting to: Global Operations Manager
Scope of the role:
- Departmental – Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
- Business unit – To support all areas of the business with administrative assistance.
- Other sites – To support senior staff of the Biomedx group with administrative support
Individual Competencies, Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to multi-task
- Good telephone answering skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of discretion and judgement
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A sound Secondary or Advanced Level Education
Position Specific Functions
- General administrative duties, supporting all departments with general admin
- Reception procedures, greeting visitors, granting access to site, signing in/out visitor passes, greeting visitors, sign-in procedure & ensuring T-card system is being utilised.
- Meeting co-ordination & staging – Including room reservations, sourcing equipment
- Managing travel & accommodation systems – including booking and arranging transportation, hotels and dining for any event/visitor onsite here in the UK (Aus manage their own)
- Incoming/Outgoing Post & relative procedures
- Keeping a key log & inventory of all stationary and items belonging to the department.
- Event organisation – Liaising with event management, catering and any outside supplier to ensure event runs smoothly and in the most cost effective way possible. Providing ad hoc support at various times of the day. Working together with Customer Service Rep and gathering feedback from attendees in order to make any improvements, if required.
- Informing Security of any changes to opening times/access requirements and liaising with them to ensure any concerns/possible threats to security of the building are resolved.
- Chasing up & forwarding all invoices received to Accounts Payable dept in Sydney.
- Making smaller payments ie: Busy Bees service charge, TNT charges, or anything that amounts to a smaller sum, are paid using the corporate card.
- Maintaining an annual leave log & update Holiday Board accordingly.
- Replenishing snacks in meeting rooms, ensuring the rooms are left in a presentable way
- Replenishing tea etc in kitchen, making sure it is left in a tidy state
- Maintaining archived files on network drives.
- Providing administrative support to Global Ops Manager where required.
- Supporting with recruitment processes by use of JobHub – uploading CV’s & arranging interviews on an ad hoc basis
- Issuing new employees with a welcome pack. Including goodies, gate fob, locker key and parking permit.
- Setting up desk space for new employees – computer hardware, stationery etc
- All admin & support surrounding company mobile phones
- Arranging birthday cards for employee birthdays & coordinating the annual company Christmas party.
- Assist with processing of customer orders onto Syteline
- Assist administration and follow-up of customer complaints/enquiries
- Support DHL collection process
- Generation and maintenance of purchase orders
- Generation and maintenance of ‘New Vendors’ on internal system
- Quotation requests & sourcing items for different departments where required
- Obtaining the best price for repeat orders from suppliers
- Raising purchase orders & follow-up of late orders.
- Receipt of orders onto Syteline, uploading delivery notes, using ‘receive’ function & forwarding invoices on.
- Routine update to Shipment Report tracking/delivery section
- Updating shipment board by tracking waybill numbers through DHL.
- Archiving Proof of Delivery documents
- Maintaining a stock of shipping supplies
- Coordinating internal shipments
- Coordinating shipment of demo instruments
- Reporting quality issues and risks when identified .
- Investigation and resolution of non-conformances.
- Initiation and execution of change control.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and risk management in the workplace.
- Compliance with Work Health & Safety (WHS) policies and guidelines.
- Ensure team follow WHS requirements.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures at all times.
- Report hazards, incidents and work related injuries/accidents promptly to manager.
- Generation of COSHH for goods used and MSDS for finished goods.