- This role provides an opportunity to play a key role in helping Genea Biomedx (GBM) develop, launch, and support their products in the biomedical technology field. The products (currently the Geri embryo incubator, Gavi embryo vitrification system, “Geri Connect” server software) and Gidget Witness systems are being installed & serviced in medical clinics worldwide by GBM’s distribution partner, however GBM has an ongoing need to ensure that servicing operations are conducted effectively and efficiently. To this end, GBM’s Service Department has critical responsibilities in both the support of existing product, and the development & rollout of new product & product changes.
- This role will work closely with Genea’s Global Service Manager towards ensuring GBM technology products are developed, installed, serviced and repaired effectively and efficiently.
- Reporting to: Global Service Manager
- Reports: None
Scope of the role
- Service process development & testing
- Training design & delivery
- Technical support & troubleshooting
- Repairs & refurbishment
- Development and preparation of management systems, tracking metrics & reports
- Project management aspects, including planning & scoping.
- At times, short notice travel around Europe and worldwide for repair visits, technical support, and/or training delivery.
- Creation of Technical Service Bulletins
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Business unit
- Drive quality improvement initiatives and exceed customer expectations
- Other sites
- Support Product development activities & site to site transfer
Individual Competencies, Experience & Qualifications
- Good technical skills and a detailed understanding of how electro-mechanical systems work
- Excellent skills in troubleshooting & technical document writing
- Word, excel, ERP computer systems
- Excellent oral and written English with ability to communicate at all levels internally & externally
- Self-initiative, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and organisational skills
- Ability to participate as an active team member and also work independently
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Mandatory: At least Six years’ experience in a relevant Engineering/Technical area
- Mandatory: Intermediate or Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. Chart creations, Reports, Pivot tables, V-look up)
- Desirable: Servicing, manufacturing, or designing of electromechanical equipment
- Desirable: Investigation and resolution of non-conformances or servicing issues
- Desirable: Producing product technical documentation (eg. Service manual, technical reports)
- Desirable: Establishing or maintaining a refurbishment / repair workshop
- Desirable: In depth knowledge of JIRA tracking system.
- Desirable: Strong knowledge of IT networking
- Desirable: Previous Service Helpdesk experience.
Position Specific Functions
- Develop expert technical knowledge in the areas of servicing & troubleshooting of Genea’s biomedical instruments.
- Respond to and resolve general & technical queries from Field Service Technicians.
- Provide remote (eg. phone) technical support to Field Service Technicians, including troubleshooting and repair guidance.
- When required, perform on-site service-calls at installation at sites around the UK, Europe, and globally.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of company policies and procedures relating to service – including warranty, materials handling, asset management.
- Help plan, set up, and maintain the stock management and workshop capabilities relating to Service. Includes layout, racking, equipment, supplies.
- Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, repair, and refurbishment activities on returned equipment and components.
- Performs detail fault investigation of Genea products. Coallates faul information and provide reports on fault trends and analysis.
- Conduct stock management and logistical activities as required to cover any shortfall of supply-chain support – eg. Receiving parts, Quarantining parts, Packing & Shipping parts, performing QC checks, generate supporting documentation.
- Assists and/or conducts provides formal technical training to Field Service Engineers as and when required.
- Retrieve, upload, and manage service-related documentation within QPulse ERP software system
- Update, revise, and create service documentation as required. Includes creating step-by-step instructions with photos and diagrams as necessary.
- Investigate, fault-find, & report on technical issues
- Prepare regular reports relating to service metrics
Product Support/CAPA Activities
- Support CAPA activities including root-cause analysis and defining corrective/preventative action.
- Assist with preparation and execution of Technical Service Bulletins
- Assist with product feedback & improvement suggestions
- Maintain a positive and close working relationship with distributor Service Organisation including Service Technicians.
- Maintain a reputation of professionalism and competence when interacting with end-customers and clients.
- Develop working knowledge on site of key regulatory requirements
- Integration of regulatory requirements into site procedures and working practises.
- Compliance with Genea Biomedx QMS
- Reporting quality issues and risks when identified
- Investigation and resolution of non-conformances
- Initiation and execution of change control
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and risk management in the workplace.
- Compliance with Work Health & Safety (WHS) policies and guidelines.
- Ensure team follow WHS requirements.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures at all times.
- Report hazards, incidents and work related injuries/accidents promptly to manager.
- Generation of COSHH for goods used and MSDS for finished goods.
To apply for this role please contact Lauren Emptage: email@example.com